Sunday, November 7, 2010

I hate math & other random thoughts...

Why oh why can't I add. Seriously. I have more than one post-graduate degree, you would think I could add simple numbers. I am going on about this because tonight, in these cash-strapped times, I inaccurately added too much tip by $10 and signed it.


First off, I rarely go out & spend $$$ on a dinner with girlfriends. (With the 7mo. old & me being just 2mos. on Weight Watchers, I cook most of our meals at home). So on this rare evening, I went out -- and after splitting the bill, I inaccurately added too much tip. I was trying to add $13.50 to a $45. bill and in my genius head... came up with $68.50. REALLY.


Of course when I got home to check the bill online - to see if the waitress actually put in the total or just my intended tip... the card companies server is offline. FABULOUS. Well, guess i'll find out tomorrow - and if I did get screwed by my own inability to handle simple math...well then, i'll just have to suck it up. And hopefully, the waitress needs it more than me.


UNRELATED... and much more positive. I did superbly well, fantastic in fact, at Weight Watchers & got my 10% keychain today. Very exciting. Not that i'll put keys on it, its too valuable to get beaten up by my keys and such. But a nice reminder of how far i've come.
For some strange reason this put me in a bad mood for most of the day. I think its because I also realize that there is still a good way to go before I will be at a weight where I am comfortable. Maybe the $10 math error is somehow cosmically related to my 10% weight loss & post-award sour mood... that's what I get for not celebrating the moment...
Therefore, I vow to have a better tomorrow, congratulate myself on my hard-work, discipline & accomplishments, and improve my simple math skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment