Thursday, November 18, 2010

Third time's a charm...

Well, baby #3 is eating like a champ. Still nursing and moving onto solid baby purees. Here's what really gets me... I never thought before that the temperature of the food would matter.

I thought, I don't want the kids to get spoiled by 'warm food' - just in case I have to feed them on the fly. Chalk that one up to silly. Yeah, for the few times on the fly it will be room temp but for the vast majority of the time - I have access to microwaves and other heating elements. Super DUH.

So, I have been using warm liquid (for rice cereal) and warming his baby purees --- and no surprise for most of us who like our food warm --- he is eating everything. At least I got the chance to get it right!

Along the same vein... how is it that babies can bwbwbwbwspppttt their food in the most miniscule of droplets which get wedged in every crevice of the highchair - hence making it virtually impossible to get the thing really clean before the next layer gets applied at the next meal. Seriously, i've been in there with a toothpick to get the gunk out.

Despite my best efforts, I am constantly finding something that is remaining as a reminder that my cleaning was not as thorough as i'd wished. UGH.

1 comment:

  1. What a cutie! Seriously!

    My baby preferred food warm too. Maybe because breastmilk is always the just-right warm temperature and that's what he was used to?

    Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete