Friday, January 28, 2011

Certifiably Crazy

So... I just committed to a girlfriend to train for a 5K in slightly more than 10 weeks.

Am I a runner? Not unless there is a fire or my children need me.

Am I a regular walker or even someone who exercises? Not in any traditional sense.

Am I a former runner? Does running late to class/work count?, no then.

Am I crazy? YES.

Totally self-inspired by my current weight-loss (now over 42 lbs!). I thought it might be a good idea to start moving in a purposeful manner to tone the new & emerging body. So nothing like staring down the barrel of a race date, where I will pay real money to enter - as motivation to move my tucus.

Because I have a great love of research, and I value my ability to walk (walking being almost necessary as a stay-at-home mom), I have found a training plan called Couch to 5K.

It has a lot of anecdotal support among the Weight Watcher online community and on the web in general. Apparently there are slight variations of this walk/run training - but they all say you can successfully complete a 5K in little more than two months after hopping off the couch. We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment