Thursday, December 10, 2009

Prenatal Yoga rocks my world.

It truly is one of the best parts of being "with child." This is my 3rd baby... and my third time around, in my humble opinion, the best prenatal yoga class in Broward County - with Elizabeth Bonet, the Yogafairy.

I almost think of it as prenatal mommy "crack" (Disclaimer: I have no idea what real crack really is, and/or would actually feel like - but if it feels wonderful, then my analogy is right on point).

The class for me goes something like this, after the feel good start with mommy-to-be's sharing their journey & checking in...we get down to business. In a most gentle and understanding way, yet not at all simple, Elizabeth puts us through our paces, making allowances and suggestions for those more far along than others. I know that there are some audible moans, mostly me, but it is real work. I feel everytime renewed and like I am making my body stronger for my son on the way.

And all of the crazy hormonal stress that has built up over the week, my two boys, my hubby, the holidays, just being pregnant --- absolutly fades away, and for at least that evening - my batteries get recharged and I know I can make it through this pregnancy, too.

It is the one selfish indulgence I insist on when pregnant...going to my prenatal yoga class to take time just for us (me and the new baby). It is my recommendation, without reservation to all moms to be -- get thyself some prenatal yoga -- and if you live in Broward --- get thyself some Yogafairy prenatal yoga!

Namaste.

3 comments:

  1. It is absolutely necessary to take care of yourself. My e-zine is all about new moms and mommies to be taking time for themselves. We even have a free prenatal yoga video on there for you to workout to. (I have 2 minivans by the way.) I found you through my friends at BabySpot and Deals 4 Moms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds really great. I did yoga through my first pregnancy, at home. Then I kind of just stopped. The next time I did yoga was the morning I gave birth to my second baby! I just felt the need to stretch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, you should stop by my blog to enter the contest to win a ticket to the Happy and Healthy Mom Day. It's just for moms-to-be and new moms.

    ReplyDelete